Pasquali will present Finmeccanica and e-GEOS satellite capabilties and practical examples of how Italian technologies seek to address and prevent the effects of climate change.
The goal of these technologies is to:
- Protect islands and coastlines from the rising levels of the seas and oceans;
- Use satellite imagery to track and monitor the impact of climate change (desertification, floods, pollution, rising sea levels, natural catastrophes, melting of glaciers);
- Protect and monitor marine areas through the use of robotic fish schools;
- Produce energy from clean and renewable sources (solar and marine), so as to no longer depend on polluting energy sources;
- Monitor sea levels to prevent flooding and inundations.
View the program and concept note of the conference.